Work Orders, Forms, Electronic Signatures and Surveys
See a slideshow on Forms with Electronic Signatures
The Work Orders, Forms, Electronic Signatures and Surveys package makes it easy to create forms for collecting data online. Authorized users can create forms for site visitors to fill out and submit. The data they enter is collected into a database and can be downloaded into a spreadsheet for graphing and further analysis. A form can also be tied to a Paypal account for secure online payment, great for applications such as conference or class registration.
Authorized users can create forms using simple web pages. A form can include descriptive information and any number of data collection fields. The data collection fields can be short text, long text (essay-type answers), dropdown menus, radio buttons or checkboxes. They may be required or not required. They may require text input, numbers or dates. Checkboxes, which allow multiple answers, can have specified a maximum number of allowable answers.
A special type of data collection field is Electronic Signatures.
Electronic Signatures are legally equivalent to written signatures on paper if the signatory can be identified and if they must take an action on the form that is clearly intended to be equivalent to signing the document. Electronic signatures are supported in Edclick Forms through 1) identifying staff members through their username and password through logon and 2) identifying students and their parents through hidden information about the student. Thus, Edclick Forms support electronic signatures for staff, students and parents. In addition, Edclick Forms can only be electronically signed if the Form has been "published". Once an Edclick Form is "published", it can no longer be changed by the author, so the signatory is assured that the form she signs is what will be on file.
Forms with Electronic Signatures have several significant advantages over signed paper forms.
- Forms with Electronic Signatures can easily be archived without requiring file cabinet space.
- Collections of Forms with Electronic Signatures can easily be searched.
- Forms with Electronic Signatures can easily be searched for requested signed forms that have not yet been signed. This is extremely useful. Consider an Acceptable Use Policy that you wish all of your 2000 students to sign. You have received 1,990 signed forms. Who hasn't signed? Finding the answer is difficult with signed paper forms. And finding the answer is no easier with signed PDF forms - signed PDF forms are electronic but are not equivalent to Electronic Signatures. However, finding the 10 students who have not signed their Forms with Electronic Signatures is easy, just a click away.
- Edclick Forms with Electronic Signatures require no special technology or registration of signatories, only access through a web browser.
Note: Electronic Signatures are not the same as a technology with a similar name, digital signatures. Electronic Signatures do not require special registration or certificates.
Workflow for Work Orders
Forms can include workflow steps which is essential for uses such as work orders that require multiple levels of review and approval. You can specify a sequence of email addresses to send to. When the first person in the workflow has approved it, the next person is notified and so on.
In addition to the data fields that will appear on the form when site users visit it, you may designate Admin Only fields. These can be used by the form administrators to record additional information such as whether the person filling out the form has been contacted or if her reservation has been confirmed.
Secure Online Payments
The form administrator may also associate a payment with a form. If a payment is indicated, after filling out the form the user is directed to Paypal for a secure online transaction. Payments may use any of the Paypal payment methods including credit cards, checking account drafts, Paypal account payments and more. Form respondents need not have or create Paypal accounts to use the payment service. A notation is made in the database as to whether the payment was completed or cancelled.
All payments are handled by Paypal's secure payment transaction system. Harry Tennant & Associates, Inc. is not in any way involved in the payments or collecting credit card numbers.
Automatic Email Notification
At the form administrator's option, one or more email addresses can be sent notification emails each time a site visitor submits a form.
Viewing Response Data
Form responses are collected in a database, the contents of which are viewable through password-protected pages. In addition, authorized users can download the table of form responses into a spreadsheet for analysis, graphing or other operations.
You can create a wide variety of forms with the Forms package. We provide a set of example forms to get you going. They include the following.
- Technology Service Request
- Cafeteria Survey
- Complaint Form
- Custodial / Maintenance Request
- Order District Champs T-Shirt
- Parent Survey
- Parent Permission Form
- Test Proctor Oaths
- Student Acceptable Internet Use Agreements